The University of Nairobi (UoN) is offering a Master’s Scholarship Programme in German Studies (Funded). The two-year master’s programme (M.A. German Studies) was introduced in 1993 at the University of Nairobi (UoN). The DAAD has been funding the course since 2011 from the title Scholarships for the training and further education of African German students and German lecturers” with up to 10 scholarships (in country and in region) at the UoN as well as the one-semester stay in Germany included.
University of Nairobi Master’s Scholarship Programme in German Studies
- Grant rate of 240 euros per month (for Kenyans) or
- Grant rate of 380 euros per month (for non-Kenyans)
- Payment of the tuition fees at the UoN
- Annual research grant
- Health insurance (for non-Kenyans only)
- Travel allowance (for non-Kenyans only)
Application Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in German Studies or German as a Foreign Language (DaF) as a major or minor.
- At least Second Class Upper Honors,
- Knowledge of German at least at B2 level or equivalent.
- The last degree should not be more than 6 years old at the time of application.
What does the Scholarship Offer?
Participation in the two-year master’s course in German Studies at the University of Nairobi including a research stay in Germany at the beginning of the second year of study (if funds are available).
Duration of the Scholarship
A total of 24 months, beginning October 1, 2022. Initially, a commitment is made for 12 months, after which one can apply for an extension of up to a further 12 months.
How to apply for University of Nairobi Master’s Scholarship Programme in German Studies
Applications can be submitted only within the period given via the DAAD portal.
After the formal examination (aptitude and completeness), the preselected applicants must apply to the UoN for admission to the Master’s programme.
Please find more details for application, Visit the Official Webpage of the University of Nairobi Master’s Scholarship Programme
Application Deadline- Application for intake 2022 (for studies beginning October 1st, 2022).
DAAD Portal: March 31, 2022, Certificates via cloud: March 31, 2022